Re: Can one keep networks apart on a machine?

In <[🔎] E11zkZJ-0003RQ-00@genma>, on 12/19/99
   at 11:56 AM, Dave Sherohman <esper@usinternet.com> said:

>Would it be acceptable to just set up the Linux box with a static route
>pointing at your NT box and no default route?  This would prevent it from
>talking to any other machines even if it's physically using the same wire.

They are concerned about broadcast packets (mentioned in another post).  I'm
not sure that this would work if the wire is shared.  I was thinking of a
direct connection between the two machines in the same office.

I apologize for not being a network-aware person (strictly home-grown) so my
understanding of some suggestions is limited.  Suffice it to say that support
at work is going to be VERY limited, too.

Kenward
Kenward Vaughan                           .'^~;,_
Professor of Chemistry                    ':,'~~~~~
Bakersfield College                       \;:/
1801 Panorama Drive                       |,;|
Bakersfield, CA  93305                   / ', \
661-395-4243                            / o  O \
kvaughan@bc.cc.ca.us  (work)           (oOoOOoOo)
kaynjay@igalaxy.net   (home)         ---========---