Re: cooledit can't find library/compile from source?

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 17:27:13 -0600, ktb wrote:
> This is the output when I try to run the program,
>
> /usr/local/cool_e/usr/bin$ ./cooledit
> ./cooledit: can't load library 'libCw.so.1'

Hmm.. try 'objdump --all-headers /usr/local/cool_e/usr/bin/cooledit' ; if
you see an 'RPATH' setting in there, you'll need to edit the binary and make
the first character of that path a NUL character. Then try again.
If it works then, the cause is that the binary you're using was hardwired to
look in a certain path for its libraries. We've had problems like this in
the past with e.g. Red Hat's CDE.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.