Re: cooledit can't find library/compile from source?

"J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 22:51:55 -0600, ktb wrote:
> > The thing of it is, the library came with the program and is in,
> >
> > /usr/local/cool_e/usr/lib
>
> Add this dir to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig,

I added the directory to /etc/ld.so.conf and ran,

/usr/local/cool_e/usr/lib# /sbin/ldconfig -nv /usr/local/cool_e/usr/lib
/sbin/ldconfig: version 1.9.10
/usr/local/cool_e/usr/lib:
        libCw.so.1 => libCw.so.1.0.0

This is the output when I try to run the program,

/usr/local/cool_e/usr/bin$ ./cooledit
./cooledit: can't load library 'libCw.so.1'

This is frustrating.  I've downloaded three times, tried two versions
and still can't get this thing to work in Slink.  I've never compiled a
program from the source.  In this instance would it help to compile from
source or would I just end up with the same problem because the binaries
I'm downloaded are from the same source?
Thanks,
kent