Installation problem with an Acer tower

Hello everyone,

I'm having troubles to install Debian GNU/Linux 2.1r2
on an old Acer tower I have received w/o any manuals.

I have been able to configure it with the EISA-Config
utility as well as to install MS-DOS 6.22 - Nevertheless
when I try to install the Rescue Disk <resc1440.bin> I
copied with rawrite2.exe from the Debian-CD it fails
pretty much at the end when trying to load Linux.

Beside the motherboard and the graphics-cards I've more
or less removed every card in the system.

The data of the remaining cards are:

Motherboard:
Acer M5 EISA/PCI System w/ Pentium/100MHz and 32 MB memory
as well as an on-board Adaptec 7870 SCSI controller
(using IRQ10)

Graphics Card:
9FX Motion 531 from Number Nine Computer Corp.
PCI Local Bus with an S3 Vision 868 chip set
(using IRQ11)

Connected to the SCSI controller are 3 disks
(2 x 1GB and 1 x .5GB).

I have tried the <resc1440tecra.bin> also as well as
to supply boot parameters at the prompt, e.g.

boot: linux aic7870=no_reset

without any success.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I can try OR
what further information I should supply in order
to maybe get an answer ?

Kind regards,

	Viktor Ransmayr
--