Re: MP3 Players and Encoders

For encoding, you want to use gogo. It's fast as hell (real time
encoding on a Pentium 200MMX), and makes quality files.

For listening, I like mpg123, but it's console based so it might not be
what you're looking for. XMMS is used my a lot of people, and it is
supposed to be a winamp clone. There are plenty of other graphical mp3
players as well, gqmpeg, gmp3, kmp3, etc.

Sean