Re: R/W cdroms

* Christopher Judd <cdj@sirius-0142.wadsworth.org> writes:

>> I'm shopping for a computer for my work, and I need to know what support
>> is available for re-writable CD-ROMs is.  Can someone clue me in on that?

>      Check out the CD Writing and CD-ROM HOWTOs.  Re-writable CD-ROMS

These URLs should help:

http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdb.html

> should work OK.  I use a Phillips CDD 3610 here, but so far I haven't
> written any re-writable CD-RW's with it with it, only CD-R's.  I use
> cdrecord and xcdroast for writing CD's.

UDF isn't really there yet, so you only can erase whole sessions at
once. Otherwise, there is no difference between CD-Rs and CD-RWs.