Warning about getting 2.1r4 with http

It looks like http is not yet available for 2.1r4 but ftp works fine.

I saw that 2.1r4 was released with y2k and security fixes. I fired up dselect
which was using apt and tried to get the fixes. My sources.list was

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb ftp://ftp.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/slink i386/
deb http://www.debian.org/~vincent/ slink-update main

I did an update and then install and no packages were updated. I looked at the
package list and it still showed cvs-1.9.29 as the available package. I know
that cvs-1.10 is one of the y2k fixes.

I looked at the ftp site and it looked like 2.1r4 was linked to stable
correctly. I changed the first line of sources.lsit to ftp from http and it
worked fine.

Mike

Michael Procario                                       EMAIL: procario@cmu.edu
Department of Physics                                  PHONE: 412/268-3887
Carnegie Mellon University

		  "Another casualty of applied metaphysics"