Netscape mail & timezones

Hey,

There was a thread a week or so ago trying to figure out why Netscape
was always stamping GMT times on emails sent from it. I can't find an
answer for the problem in the archives yet, and I don't remember there
being one on the list. Anyway I found the answer today when this started
to bother me (I wanted my boss to see the how late I work! ;-). It
wasn't that hard to find, go to http://help.netscape.com/, type timezone
in the search box, the answer is the first result returned.

The answer is here: http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/991108-1.html

Basically you need to set the shell variable TZ to your current timezone
entry before you start Netscape. The Netscape solution on the link above
doesn't apply to Debian though. What I did is add the line "export
TZ=`cat /etc/timezone`" to my ~/.bash_profile, so it gets set whenever I
log in. Hope that helps.

Chris Schleifer