3c905c wierd troubles

Hi all ..

 I have 2 3c905c on a Debian potato.... and have configured
one to have "$IP1", the other "$IP2". When I ping "$IP1" or "$IP2"
I get an error like "neighbour table overflow". But ping'ing
other hosts work just fine. I was wondering if anyone else
have similar problems?

Is it a mis-configuraton of mine, a kernel bug, or is it a
debian-related bug?

The machine has an ATX board with wake-on-lan features,
but I think I have it disabled. (I may have forgotten to
save the BIOS changes... though unlikely)
The CPU is some PII or PIII, with 64/128MB RAM..
Having 2 IDE harddisks and an IDE CD-ROM. (I think they don't matter?)

And then..... on another machine I keep seeing System.map doesn't
match kernel data. Are there anything I can do?
It's one of the Compaq Proliant servers (I think 1600).
I compile the kernel with
   make-kpkg clean ; make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image

It doesn't seem to hurt anything up to now, but it's ugly when
you see such errors when you do "ps"...