partition table recovery

hi,

I installed debian 2.1 on a 4.3gb ide disk which was running windows.
I used full 4.3gb disk for linux install as per the machine owners
knowledge and desire.  Everything works fine.  Now, the machine owner
says he had some important files in windows!

Windows was configured with C: and D: partitions each 50% of 4.3GB
HDD.
Now, I have /, swap, /boot, /usr, /home, /var partitions. and /usr
occupies
650+mb of linux binary and libraries.

1. Is there any possibility to recover any data?
2. If yes, what utilities should I use?

-gnana