Re: Alsa and 2.2.13

hservoma@wis02.ec.t.kanazawa-u.ac.jp hat gesagt: // hservoma@wis02.ec.t.kanazawa-u.ac.jp wrote:

> Frank Barknecht <barknech@ph-cip.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>
> >Debian packages of alsa-modules depend on a specific revision number of
> >your debian package of the kernel-image. You should just recompile the
> >alsa modules when you recompile the kernel. If you're using make-kpkg
> >(preferred), make sure that you use the same revision number for the
>
> Are there docs for this kernel-related stuff ?
>
> I find the debian way annoying with respect to kernel versions, modules
> and so on.
> I had the same problem as the original writer with alsa, and reverted
> to compiling everything myself. I have no kernel-related
> packages installed that dpkg knows of, and all is fine that way.

/usr/[share/]doc/kernel-package has an extensive README and alsa-source
also has /usr/src/modules/alsadriver[-unstable]/debian/README , that
explains all, that is to do for compiling and running debian packages
of the kernel and the alsa-modules. Kernel modules do depend on a
specific kernel, unless you have CONFIG_MODVERSIONS set in the kernel
configuration, but how can dpkg or the package maintainer know, if you
have this set? So a "depend" or "conflict" on a kernel revision seems
resonable. You can always force an installation over this, if you want
and you know what you're doing...

bye
--
                                                 __    __