Re: Alsa and 2.2.13

Frank Barknecht <barknech@ph-cip.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

>Debian packages of alsa-modules depend on a specific revision number of
>your debian package of the kernel-image. You should just recompile the
>alsa modules when you recompile the kernel. If you're using make-kpkg
>(preferred), make sure that you use the same revision number for the

Are there docs for this kernel-related stuff ?

I find the debian way annoying with respect to kernel versions, modules
and so on.
I had the same problem as the original writer with alsa, and reverted
to compiling everything myself. I have no kernel-related
packages installed that dpkg knows of, and all is fine that way.

Tnx
--
Give me Debian or give me a typewriter.