Re: Digital cameras and Linux

Hello!

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 08:10:34AM -0700, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> I now have an Olympus.  It's the second one.  The first one died
> mysteriously (I think my son dropped it in the toilet).  My wife
> was due with my second child any minute.  I called them, told them
> it died and I needed it ASAP.  They told me as soon as I gave them
> some sort of tracking # (I used USPS) they would ship me a new one.
> I had bought a D340-L refurbished off pricewatch.  They were out
> of refurbished 340L's and out of 340L's all together.  They sent
> me a brand spanking New D340-R.  1280x1024, etc and even has a
> 2x digital zoom.  At any rate. I shipped out my old one that day,

I have an Olympus C840L, it was brought directly from Japan. I think that in
the US the same cammera has a different model, I think it is the D340L.

It came with a serial cable. I download the pictures in Linux using gphoto
or some other software I got from freshmeat.

I don't have any complaints, it has worked fine, and I can download my
pictures in Linux, so it is perfect!

Greetings,

Alexis Maldonado
Engineering College