Rudimentary network questions.

I've read through the "Networking-HOWTO" several times and much of it
still baffles me.  What I'm trying to do is connect two computers, using
one as a print server for my windows only printer.  One thing I'm
confused about is the assignment of 127.0.0.0 and 127.0.0.1
I've read that 127.0.0.1 is the loopback route.  127.0.0.0 for what I
can gather is the "top of the stack."  I can ping both successfully on
my computer.  What I'm confused about is which to set my eth0 to?  In
/etc/init.d/network I have this,
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
route add -net 127.0.0.0

/etc/hosts is
127.0.0.1 xyf localhost

/etc/networks
localnet 127.0.0.0

When I run,
~# netstat -nr
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt
Iface
127.0.0.1       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH     3584 0          0
lo
127.0.0.0       0.0.0.0         255.0.0.0       U      3584 0          0
lo

This is showing that I have two loopback routes.  Is this correct?  When
I assign a route to my nic do I set it at 127.0.0.1 or 127.0.0.0 or
neither?  The computer that I'm going to connect to do I assign it
127.0.0.2?  I know you can assign it "anything" (since this won't be
connected to the net) but is this following convention?

The other thing I'm having trouble with is the computer I wish to use as
a server is a 386 with Windows 3.11 on it.  It came with a card and at
one time was on a network.  There is a pop up when it boots that says,
"The NetWare Shell has not been loaded.  All network functions will me
disabled.  ...load the software and restart."  Of course I don't have
the Novell NetWare disk to do that.  Can I set that box up from my Slink
side in some way?  I assume I have to setup all the things I'm doing in
Slink on the other computer?  Is there any resources anyone knows that
would help me learn how to do this in Windows 3.11?
Thanks,
kent