Re: Mailing list headers [Was Re: ssh vs telnet - which is faster?]

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, aphro wrote:

aphro> well, i use pine, and from what I see pine defaults to replying to
aphro> the
<snip>
aphro> to change this behavior, but that is what it seems to default to.

   yeah , i think pine defaults that way too - kinda sucks - one of the
many reasons i shifted pine -> mutt full time.

aphro> ok, yeah i understand that, i setup seperate accounts for each list
aphro> im on..one day i'll learn how to filter with procmail but until
aphro> then ..

  not enough bandwidth for me to play around with seperate accounts ;>/
  and yeah , if you look up http://tux.org/lkml - the www of the lkml -
linux kernel mailing list -  it tells you *somewhere* in the FAQ how to
filter *owner-linux-kernel-digest* or *linux-kernel* in either the subject
and/or headers so you can filter their mail using procmail to your
required folder. poke around the FAQ there if you're *Really* desperate.

aphro> no offense recieved it's just a suprise to see a bunch of caps, i
aphro> remember a few years ago when caps never bothered me, but now for

  actually , caps *always* annoyed me ;-)

aphro> may wayt to consider another way of saying that, say like in lower
aphro> case with *'s on the outside.

  yeah , since trivialities like these end up annoying too many people ,
unnecessarily , i suppose i'll shove a bunch of *'s and play around w/ my
450 mails ;>/

aphro> but in the end, it comes down to my client (pine 4.21) which cc's
aphro> the list and replies to u instead of the other way around..

  if you use debian *all* the time , check out emerald w/ xemacs - lucid -
it truly kicks butt.... except i dont use debian all the time and am too
lazy to custom compile xemacs etc ... and using a new mail client everyday
isnt too much fun - so i stuck to standardised mutt.
  but if you're on debian all the time , IMHO , lucid rules - check it
out. but if you're not the emacs kinda guy , i imagine you wont like it.

aphro> 8:15am up 112 days, 19:59, 2 users, load average: 1.55, 1.60, 1.70

  and hey , how do put up your $uptime at the end of every mail - do you
manually add it / is your pine configured to load $uptime when you hit
'reply' ?

---- ravi.