[Fwd: C-Kermit 7.0 Beta.11 ready for testing]

Is Debian going to include Kermit in its next iteration, or is it too
late to include now?  Notice Frank de Cruz' recent comment on
licensing...

--
William Burrow -- New Brunswick, Canada
A 'box' is something that accomplishes a task -- you feed in input and

The announcement is on:

  comp.protocols.kermit.misc

or you can read it here:

  ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/test/text/ck70b11.txt

The C-Kermit 7.0 web page contains all the info and download links:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck70.html

This is your last chance to give C-Kermit 7.0 a spin and report any
problems before it's too late.

As you can see from the web page, we have a lot of Linux binaries but
still not nearly enough.  If anybody can make builds not listed on the
web page (the binaries list is at the end), please let me know; I'll be
glad to help.  For example, Debian, Mandrake, SuSE, Caldera, Corel,
plus just about anything on non-Intel hardware.  Hopefully "make linux"
will work for all Linux varieties (it looks around for libc/glibc
differences, curses/ncurses, etc, and tries to adapt automatically).
(Note that we're not at the install package stage yet -- we're mainly
interested in getting compilation, linking, and runtime operation
right before we begin with the packaging.)

Also note the change in the license, which is specifically designed
to allow C-Kermit to be included in Linux distributions.

Thanks!

Frank da Cruz
The Kermit Project
Columbia University