Re: New Guy questions

Jason Vormbaum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am completely new to the Linux world.  Today i set up a Linux machine and
> somehow I got it to boot, but now I don't know what to do with it.  I need
> to connect it to my network to start with, but in the setup the 3Com 3c905
> card I am using was not there.   Before I ask a whole bunch of dumb
> questions about how to install my network card and CD-Rom, i will ask if
> there is anyplace good I can read about how to do this.  How about a list of
> commands and what they do?

Have you taken a look at the documentation at the Debian site?  There is
a lot of good info there, http://www.debian.org/  Take a look at both
the documentation link and the Debian books link.  There are free online
books specific to Debian or you can purchase them.  Also you can use the
mailing list search engine.  There are also man pages (if installed) on
your system.  Type 'man man' without the quotes at a prompt for more
info on how to use this documentation.
hth,
kent