Re: Foiltex not available in potato tetex distibutions?

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I recently upgraded several machines to potato, but just noticed to my
> dismay that foiltex is no longer installed. Has it been removed from the
> tetex packages?
>
> Thanks. Syrus.

I can answer my own question: Foiltex has a "you must not sell this"
clause in its license which has prompted the tetex maintainer (not the
Debian maintainer, but the maintainer of tetex in general) to remove
Foiltex from tetex 1.0. Since version 1.0 of tetex is in potato, there is
no more Foiltex in Debian. For now, I will download foiltex from ctan, but
I suppose someone might eventually package it in non-free as an add-on to
the main TeX distributions.

Thanks. Syrus.

--

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.