Re: Adaptec 2940 UW

> [off-topic alert]
>
> Does it have internal 50-pin connector as well? I'm thinking of bying
> this card second-hand, and can't find this info on Adaptec's web-site.

Yep - it has 50 pin narrow and 68-pin wide (don't have one but I've seen
'em)

> Does this card have a solid reputation?

In the PC world Adaptec and SCSI are synonymous.  They're very good.

> My current SCSI card is not very well supported under Linux,

Oh?  which one is that?

> so this is a "forced" upgrade. I'm going to use it with a CD-burner
> and a scanner.

It'll work fine for that.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein