Can't mount /home/kent and /usr

I've recently installed Slink and Redhat on the same HD.  I've been
mounting back and forth between the two and have noticed that I can't
access /home/kent.  I 'cd' to /home but when I 'ls' it, it shows an
empty directory.  /usr is also shown to be empty.  This is clearly not
the case.  I've been mounting Redhat with the following line in
/etc/fstab,

/dev/hdb1       /mnt/rh     ext2   noauto,rw,nouser 0 0

I've also tried,

mount -a -t ext2 /dev/hdb1 /mnt/rh

after looking at the 'mount' man page and that didn't change anything.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
kent