Re: Modifing a debian package

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 02:05:02PM -0500, Matt Kopishke wrote:
> Hi, I need to recompile PHP3 with an extra value in the INCLUDE
> (-I/path/to/include) line. I would like to keed PHP3 in a .deb, how would
> I go about doing this using the <srcdir>/debian/rules method.

Usually, you just edit the Makefile to suit. Sometimes you edit
debian/rules itself instead, especially if you need to specify
additional options to the configure script. Sometimes all that's
necessary is setting the proper environment variable (e.g. QTDIR for the
qt widget set)

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  29 Nov 1999 - new email address added to gpg key