command line ftp behind firewall

I was finally able to get netscape to work on my linux
box behind the corporate firewall by setting the
manual proxy to 10.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 for http and ftp (I
actually gave the REAL address).  I could not just
give the URL address as the machine still doesn't seem
to co-exist with the windows network nameserver even
though the hard addresses of the name servers were
entered into /etc/resolv.conf

Now how do I configure command line ftp to access via
the firewall's port 80 as I have just done for
Netscape-naviagator?  (Once I can do that I can
finally use apt-get directly on this machine, instead
of downloading the packages one by one).

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze

Debian Gnu Linux, Live Free or .....