Re: Potato Boot message problem

Phil Brutsche wrote:

> A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far way, someone said...
>
> > I have a pretty stable recent install of potato. There seem to be 2
> > things that I want to know how to eliminate.
> > 1. the boot message (menu) that asks if I want to use the default
> > network installation or enter the specs for a new one.
>
> This I would consider a true bug - see if one's been filed in the bug
> tracking system, and file one if there hasn't been.
HMMMM. I didn't think of that. i never really found a bug. I'll check it
out.

> > 2. when the xwindow login apears. I can not use the number pad as a
> > means to access numbers required to login, I must use the numbers across
> > the top of the keyboard.
>
> Linux defaults to numlock off when it boots, irregardless of what the BIOS
> does.  It bites me too, and I have a largely stock slink install (updated
> X11 + security updates + Y2K updates)
>
> The only solution I have is to turn on the numlock before I do anything.
That is not the problem. The number pad keys just beep. This stops and
the pad works properly after the login screen on xdm.
Maybe that's a bug too. I'll check that also.
Thanks!
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173