Re: apt-get

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 07:10:11PM -0600, Nathan York wrote
> i tried that and got a new error
>
> fixed:~# dpkg -P lm-sensors
> dpkg: error processing lm-sensors (--purge):
>  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
>  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
>  lm-sensors
>
> and when i try to reinstall it i get the
> depmod:  QM_MODULES: function not implemented.
>
> is there any way to manually edit a config file that states what is
> awaiting removal or install and just remove the lm-sensors entry
> it isn't installed on my system, it never was.  i tried to install it
> before and got the above error then it continually tried to install it,
> holding up apt-get.  so i tried then to remove it, now i am stuck here.
> any help is greatly appreciated.

I had a quick look at the postinst script for lm-sensors, and all
it does is
depmod -a >/dev/null

What do you see if you run depmod -a as root?
What do you get if you grep -4 QM_MODULES /etc/conf.modules?
What's in /etc/modutils/lm-sensors?

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au