Re: Why

On 12/04/99 10:08PM, aphro wrote:

> heard that, when i first started using slackware 3.2 i could _not_ get
> XFREE working, after many months i broke down and got a copy of
> acceleratedX.  nowadays its quite a bit easier but those modelines are
> still beyond me. even after goin thru the howtos.

I fried my first monitor with slackware 3.2 (or 3.3) :) Good thing it was
already several years old. I came really close again when using SuSE
~5.3 on some really cheap equipment. That was before they developed
SaX.

 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (  wagnon@rohan.sdsu.edu (