Re: effect of having stable and unstable listed in sources.list

On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 03:32:45PM -0500, Bryan Scaringe wrote:
> I have seen many examples on this list of people putting entries in sources.list
> for both stable and unstable trees at the same time.  How does apt/dselect
> handle this?  Would an "apt-get upgrade" always pull from stable or unstable?

apt will take the most recent version of the package that it can find,
which will most likely be the one from unstable. If two sources offer
the same version of the package, apt will take it from the one listed
first in sources.list.

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  29 Nov 1999 - new email address added to gpg key