RE: effect of having stable and unstable listed in sources.list

On 04-Dec-1999 Bryan Scaringe wrote:
> I have seen many examples on this list of people putting entries in
> sources.list
> for both stable and unstable trees at the same time.  How does apt/dselect
> handle this?  Would an "apt-get upgrade" always pull from stable or
> unstable?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>         Bryan

I was just thinking about this last night, and it seems to me that to avoid
downgrading my system, it is better to explicitly have "potato" or "slink" or
whatever in my sources.list.  After all, slink is always slink, but "unstable"
can mean different things at different times.

--
Andrew