Re: Looking for right ISP

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 09:39:50PM -0600, Daniel Yang wrote:
> Eventually, I made my web server and my own domain
> (www.mydomain.com) running, but my ISP, mindspring  told me
> that I am not allowed to run a web server through a dialup
> account and they can't do anything for me if I want to run my
> own server. Then I have to  look for a new ISP who provides
> such service and not expensively. Any ideas and
> recommendations?

If you just need web hosting, I've been pretty happy with
CubeSoft (http://www.csoft.net).  You get, among other things,
your own full remote shell account.  I could (and did) download
the source to mutt, compile it, and run it there instead of pine.
THIS really surprised me, as I haven't seen it *anywhere* else:
you get your own *crontab*.

You get unlimited network usage, unlimited HTML files, and 50meg
of "binary file" space for $15/month.  They have other packages
for less, and other packages for more.

They do co-location, too, but you might be just as happy with one
of their other packages.

(I am not affiliated with CubeSoft other than by way of being a
satisfied customer.)

-- Larry

--
Larry Clapp / hm: larry@theclapp.org
Great Southern Oxymorons: Grits connoisseur