Re: USB Mouse

>   Out of curiosity I went looking for USB configuration under the
> menuconfig of 2.2.14-pre and couldn't find it.  What section is it
> under?  I have a new HP printer that is USB capable so I was curious
> about playing with it.

You need to uncomment the line

# source drivers/usb/Config.in

in linux/arch/i386/config.in (roughly line #175 on my 2.2.13 kernel
tree) before you can do much with USB.

I guess I didn't say just how experimental it is...

If you want to use a printer, I would strongly recommend you use a 2.3
series kernel - it has _much_ better USB support.  I would hunt (or ask
:)) around as to which one most people have had success with - at the
moment 2.3 seems to be suffering from a lot of hangups and compile errors
(I track linux-kernel through the mailing list archives).

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein