Re: How to block access from specific sites.

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 05:08:33PM -0700, Raphael Clancy wrote:
> Is there a quick way (on a debian 2.0 system) to block specific
> adresses from making inetd style connections (ie. ftp, telnet
> etc?) my instincts tell me that is has to do with the
> /etc/hosts.deny file. unfortunately I can't find any info on it
> in the man pages, of course, some of mine may be missing (gotta
> love getting other people's boxes).

Along with all the other responses, you might look into the
xinetd package.  xinetd allows you the allow/deny specific
services to specific hosts/networks, and let others through.

-- Larry

--
Larry Clapp / hm: larry@theclapp.org
Great Southern Oxymorons: Grits connoisseur