Re: Clipboard-like software?

On 12/02/99 05:00PM, Christopher S. Swingley wrote:
> Don't know how well gpm does this in a console, but X provides this
> automatically with the left (copy) and middle (paste) mouse buttons.
> Works like magic, and is far better IMHO than the key commands you
> have to use in Windows.
>
> Just select a bunch of text, an url, etc. with the left mouse button,
> move the cursor where you want it (like the location window in Netscape)
> and press the middle mouse button.  Magic!

Yeah, I really like that feature too. Sometimes when using MS Windows
I reallly miss it. What I was looking for was something that did
function a little like the ctrl-c | v | x that MS Windows apps have.
The best of both worlds.

Sometimes I have a bunch of xterms and other apps running, I select
some text, find the one I want to paste into, but somewhere along the
way I double click and lose the selection.

Do you think that's more of a window manager/X thing, or could a util
be written to handle that automagically? If I could program, that
would be something that I'd look into.

Oh well, the search continues...

thanks again
 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )