wake-on-ring

hello

i continue interested in making my box to power-on-ring

i have enabled the option in my BIOS setup: and they say wake-on-ring
and assigned the irq to the modem

but (as usual) things dont work

i have a GA 7IX motherboard, an external acer modem

i read in the motherboard manual that there is a jumper (jp 9) that
has 2 lines: signal and ground, i have this jumper isolated, i mean,
without any conexion

has somebody experience in the harware wiring aspect of this topic?
how must i wire the jumpers in the motherborad so i could have the
parameters of the BIOS working?

thanks a lot