Re: Window manager switcher

jtr@uni-bon.de writes:

> If you have installed the `menu'-package, click on the entry
> `window-managers', where you have entries for all installed WMs. If
> you click on one, it changes to this WM -- that's all, no extra
> utility needed. (Why, it's Debian :).)

Yes, I know, but I have KDE installed now and it's not in fact
appearing as a choice there, and in the past when I've used that
feature it hasn't made a permanent change -- it just loaded a
different window manager for that particular session.  I'm looking for
something that can:

	1)Handle more than just "window manager" changes (even
	  though that's what I wrote).  I want it to handle "operating
	  environments" like KDE/GNOME as well.
	2)Actually change config files so that you don't revert to
	  your previous WM/environment on your next boot.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum