Re: mod-auth-mysql

Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu> writes:

> Has anyone gotten mod-auth-mysql to build correctly on slink/x86?  I'm
> trying to puzzle out what I need to tell configure so it'll produce a
> working makefile.  I looked and didn't find a deb for it in stable or
> unstable.
>
> Yes, I have mysql-dev & apache-dev installed.

It was several months ago, so my memory is a bit hazy. But luckily
I've kept the source trees unpacked and uncleaned.

I had to actually download, unpack and configure (but not compile) the
source packages for mysql and apache before I could get mod-auth-mysql
to compile. The -dev packages were not enough.

I used mod-auth-mysql-2.20.

I ran configure as follows (according to config.status)
 ./configure  --with-mysql=/usr/local/src/mysql-3.21.33b --with-apache=/usr/loc
al/src/apache_1.3.3 --with-apxs

At various times, I have had mod-auth-mysql working with potato, but
this (apache modules for mysql and php) is one of the bits of potato
that has been "unstable" for me, and I haven't really looked at it
since I got it working on our slink web server.

--

  Gilbert Laycock                 email:          gtl1@mcs.le.ac.uk
  Maths and Computer Science,     http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/~glaycock