Re: Checking MD5sums

I did a,

~$ apropos md5sums
debsums (1)          - Check the md5sums of a package
debsums_gen (8)      - Generate /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.md5sums for
packages lacking it
dh_md5sums (1)       - generate DEBIAN/md5sums file

Looks like there is one that checks .debs it's in the debsums package.
I'm sure I saw one somewhere for other files.  If I run into it I'll
send the info.
hth,
kent