Re: Xlib / imake

Hi all,
I'm working my way through the O'Reilly Xlib book for something to do at
work
and I've hit a problem.
     If I try and build the first "basicwin.c" file using

     $gcc -g -owin basicwin.c -lXlib

Try adding -L/usr/X11R6/lib to the command line before -l and using -lX11 instead of -lXlib.

I get

     ld: cannot open -lX11: No such file or directory

and if I try and build O'Reilly's example file usin imake I get a

Take a look at autoconf/automake instead of Imake:

ftp://ftp.ugcs.caltech.edu/pub/elef/autotools/toolsmanual.html

Quite a good example to get simple progs working here.

HTH

Martin