RE: Joystick on a SB32

> From: Adam C Powell IV [mailto:hazelsct@mit.edu]
> "Ingles, Raymond" wrote:
> > > From: David Blackman [mailto:david@whizziwig.com]
> > > I have my SB32 autoconfigured by my BIOS, with sound support
> > > in my kernel, how can I get the joystick port on my SB32 to work
> > > without turning off auto-PNP in BIOS, and isapnp'ing it.
> >
> >  I'm not sure you can. Somehow the card needs to be told to
> > activate the joystick port, and where to map it (almost always
> > 0x200-0x207). If your BIOS can't, I don't think the kernel
> > drivers are smart enough to.
>
> Ins't there a field in the pnpdump for the game port?  If you
> uncomment the right lines, it should be possible to activate and
> map it properly using isapnp, right?

 Yup. It's not that complicated, but David wants to do it *without*
using isapnp. I'm not sure it can be done without using isapnp. The
ALSA drivers have their own built-in PNP, and they *might* work, but
I haven't studied the ALSA SB32 drivers.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735           ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "...software giant Microsoft (motto: 'We Have Worked Out All The Buggs')"
                               Dave Barry