Re: Joystick on a SB32

"Ingles, Raymond" wrote:

> > From: David Blackman [mailto:david@whizziwig.com]
> > I have my SB32 autoconfigured by my BIOS, with sound support
> > in my kernel, how can I get the joystick port on my SB32 to work
> > without turning off auto-PNP in BIOS, and isapnp'ing it.
>
>  I'm not sure you can. Somehow the card needs to be told to
> activate the joystick port, and where to map it (almost always
> 0x200-0x207). If your BIOS can't, I don't think the kernel
> drivers are smart enough to.

Ins't there a field in the pnpdump for the game port?  If you uncomment the right
lines, it should be possible to activate and map it properly using isapnp, right?
Never tried it, just wondering.

Zeen,

             Adam Powell                    http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/
             Thomas B. King Assistant Professor of Materials Engineering
             77 Massachusetts Ave. Rm. 4-117        Phone (617) 452-2086
             Cambridge, MA 02139 USA                  Fax (617) 253-5418