Re: Boot disk for kernel-image-2.2.13 not working

    John> Hi folks,

    John> Every time this has happened to me, it was either a bad
    John> floppy or a bad floppy drive.  On one occasion, the
    John> connector to the drive became slightly loose and all the
    John> disks I created with "make zdisk or make bzdisk"
    John> failed. They gave basicly the same indidatons that your
    John> getting. The strange part is that the disks using syslinux
    John> still worked. Still don't understan why?

    John> Assuming that all your hardware is good, you *might* be able
    John> to create a new boot disk by going to "/usr/src/linux" and
    John> doing a "make zdisk" or "make bzdisk".

Thanks John.

I'm not sure I'm seeing hardware problems.  The odd thing is that when
I build my own kernel, to build my own kernel-image package, and
install that to make a boot floppy, all works okay (except my pcmcia
stuff, but that's another story). No problems with the boot floppy.

Very odd.

Cheers,
Graham