Re: Boot disk for kernel-image-2.2.13 not working

Graham Williams wrote:

> I've also just started moving to Potato and was trying the 2.2.12
> (kernel-image-2.2.12_2.2.12-4.deb) and 2.2.13
> (kernel-image-2.2.13_2.2.13-1.deb) kernels, creating a boot floppy,
> and getting exactly the same problem, with the same message over and
> over again:
>
>      0400
>      AX: 0212
>      BX: 7000
>      CX: 5001
>      DX: 0000
>
> I'd also welcome any suggestions as to what the problem is?
>
> Cheers,
> Graham

Hi folks,

Every time this has happened to me, it was either a bad floppy or a bad floppy drive.
On one occasion, the connector to the drive became slightly loose and all the disks I
created with "make zdisk or make bzdisk" failed. They gave basicly the same
indidatons that your getting. The strange part is that the disks using syslinux still
worked. Still don't understan why?

Assuming that all your hardware is good,  you *might* be able to create a new boot
disk by going to "/usr/src/linux" and doing a "make zdisk" or "make bzdisk".

Hope it helps
John