Re: eth0+ppp0 ?

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 18:35, Shaul Karl wrote:

> A related question:
> Suppose both eth0 and ppp0 are connected to the Internet. Is there a
> way the user can determine dynamically if he gets connected through
> ppp0 or eth0? For example, can I tell terminal A apt-get to work
> through ppp0 and terminal B ftp to work through eth0?

You can add routes to the sites you want to apt-get from to the kernel
routing table with:

  route add -host ftp.debian.org ppp0
  route add -host ftp.netgod.net ppp0

to force connections to those sites through ppp.  And/Or do things
similar to eth0.  But you can not make all connections on a terminal
go through a specific interface..  AFAIK

HTH,
Remco

--
serbian quiche PGP PSUC nuclear genetic CIA sigar Panama technology splif
radar BATF South Africa Kosto General Javier Solana FBI XTC ammunition