Re: FW: Help with a Dell Latitude CPia

Chris Larson wrote:
> I have installed corel linux onto my laptop. Everything looks great and runs
> fine except for three things.
>
> 1. My ethernet card is not working. I can ping myself but I cannont ping
> anything else.
>
> I am still not able to get this to work, even with everyone's advice. I will
> try the PCMCIA package 3.1.3 that was suggested.

On my friend's Latitude, I had to edit /etc/modules and add a line
'3c59x'.  I didn't mess with the PCMCIA package at all.

After that, it saw his ethernet on boot.

> 2. I have no sound. sndconfig cannot detect a sound card. I think these
> laptops use some Neomagic sound chip.

We didn't get the sound working.  Then again, we didn't try too hard
either.

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.