Re: CD-Writer recomendation!

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Cyrus Patel wrote:

> Hey Manuel,
>
> I've got a Panasonic (Matshita) 8x read/4x write scsi burner and so far it
> has worked perfectly for me. cdrecord identified it immeadiately and it hooked
> up to my existing scsi card without any problems.

I've had just one problem with the Panasonic OEM burners. Unless you have
a retail receipt so you know the reseller (And mine was donated to me) you
can end up going though hoops trying to get the right customer support
department. The write laser on my drive went out two months ago, and I
spent almost a week telephoning and being forwarded to different
companies. And all but the actual reseller (Compro) informed me that my
warranty was 15 months (And it was month 15 then) but the retail warranty
was 12 months with Compro, the only people who would honor the warranty.