Re: Netscape configuration; Fortify

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 09:50:02PM +0100, Matthias Hertel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't get Fortify (fortify 1.4.5-1, fortify-linux-x86 1.4.5-1) to
> patch my Netscape Navigator (navigator-smotif-47 4.7-14). Is it
> possible that this particular Navigator binary
> (/usr/lib/netscape/47/navigator/navigator.smotif.real, 7220976 bytes,
> timestamp Sep 16 07:58) is not supported by Fortify? Or am I doing
> something wrong?

Hmm, non-US still doesn't have the updated fortify? I'm using 4.61
Navigator so it's supported. You can also get fortify from their
website. The latest version there should support 4.71.

> And one other problem: What is the simplest way to get Netscape to
> display .dvi.gz and .ps.gz files (the TeTeX documentation has lots of
> these)?

I have netscape launch gv for files ending in ps,eps,ai and xdvi for
files ending in dvi. I'm under the impression that it gunzips them
before handing them off. Although gv handles the gzipped files no
problem, I've found xdvi is so good about it (despite what the man pages
say).
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |