Re: Mail front end

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:12:34 +0000 (GMT)
Phillip Deackes <gsmh@gmx.net> wrote:

> claw@kanga.nu wrote:

>> XFMail is tightly married to XForms.  I would not expect this to
>> change.

> Darned ugly too. Enough to make you yearn for Windows!!

<shrug> This is a common disagreement for me.  I just don't care
what the thing looks like as long as it does what I need and
consumes minimal screen real estate.  Consuming minimal screen real
estate is critical and is what flunks out most tools -- espcially
those things which insist on having toolbars or putting bloody icons
about the place (I never ever want to see an icon on my desktop.
Period.).  XFMail fails both those criteria by handling MIME
obtusely (eg it doesn't display message/rfc822 inline, or handle
multipart/mixed digests worth a damn), and consumes great gobs of
screen real estate.

> The mail client I use is the excellent (IMHO) Ishmail.

exmh here.  Its not cute, or is at least no more cute than Tk in
general (and of course there are several widget hacks for Tk), but
is endlessly extensible -- which is another primary requirement for
me.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu