Re: SBLive! and Quake2

richard newton wrote:

> Hi all,
>         I've finally made the move to potato and it's sweet, meaning I can now
> use my SB Live! card.
> The question is does anyone have problems with the sound in Quake2 using
> this card? Unreal Tournament
> is fine apart from the fact that my machine is below spec. and Civ:CTP
> is great. Quake2 has problems
> though because the sound is basically choppy noise with a bit of Quake2
> sound. Does anyone have similar
> problems?

I have the same problem running Maelstrom. The X terminal
from which I run the game reports frequently
"Mixer: Can't write to audio device: Resource temporarily unavailable".
This happens on my SB Live system but also on a different
machine with a different sound card, so I believe it's not
a problem with the SB Live. I haven't solved it so far.

Ian Stirling