Re: samba for a kids network-server

> Hi all,
>
> I just want to share one folder on a Linux box with NO SECURITY on a small
> LAN with Win9x and NT4 boxes.  I am truly amazed at just how hard this
> is...the smb.conf seems designed to scare off anyone with less than 1000
> users!
>
> Does anyone have a sample smb.conf that shares one folder with ANYONE on a
> private LAN?  I want my kids to be able to access this but I don't want them
> to even have to think about passwords.  For security, can I just rely on
> hosts allow = 10.10.10.

This is how you'll setup the share:

[share]
	comment = Patrick's File Share
	path = /some-path
	guest only = Yes
	guest ok = Yes

If you want someone to be able to write to the share, set the parameter
'writeable' to yes.  No passwords needed.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein