suggestions for inter-OS file sharing?

I've just bought a new hard disk and I'm unsure how to partition it.
I need to share quite a bit of data between NT, 95, and Linux. The only
file system these three have in common is FAT, and 2Gb partitions
don't excite me much on a 17Gb disk!

There are tools to let NT read and write FAT32, but they cost money.
That's one possible solution.

There are tools to let Windows read ext2fs, but they're read-only it seems.
There are tools to let 95 read/write NTFS, but they cost more money
than the other way around, and Linux doesn't have (non-experimental)
write support yet.

Any other suggestions?

My current feeling is to ditch NT, something I wanted to do within
a few months anyway. Linux and Win95 can share FAT32 just fine.

thanks
Hamish