Re: winmodem?

If it's a PCI modem, it's probably a winmodem.  From the looks of things
it's a winmodem.  I'd return it for two reasons.  1) It's junk and not a
real modem. 2) It'll probably never work on Linux (thank god).  I had a
similar problem with a Rockwell modem someone gave me, and it turns out to
be a winmodem.  Goto this site:

http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

It has a great listing of modems and whether or not they're winmodems.
Look for yours.

								Rob