Re: 2 computers away 1 Km and one PL

	Hi,
Quoting Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr):
> On Friday 26 November 1999, at 11 h 12, the keyboard of Paulo Henrique
> Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@linuxsolutions.com.br> wrote:
>
> > 	It's a private line sold by a local TELCO. It's 64 kbs and pehaps it's
> > ISDN. pppd for the server?
>
> The PPP protocol is not client/server.

	Yes, I finished reading this in PPP-HOWTO. :). So, I will set that
each computer can dial for the other.
> > What about mgetty?
>
> What could be the purpose of mgetty on a leased line?

	Ok.
> Otherwise, if it's ISDN, the 'isdnutils' package contains what you need,
> including a synchronous pppd, ipppd.

	Ok. If it's ISDN I already know what to in Linux:
	compile PPP and ISDN support in the two machines kernel.
	And what about the hardware?
	How to connect the two computers and the line between them. Do I need a
modem at each computer like this:
	computer1 <-> modem <-> phone line <-> modem <-> computer2
	Or only NICs?
	computer1 <-> ethernet card <-> phone line <-> ethernet card <-> computer2
	Thanks,		PH

--
Abraços,		PH
Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira -- baptista@linuxsolutions.com.br